- Class Visits: Wednesday March 20th – Tuesday March 26th (schedule to follow)
- Online Book Fair: March 11th – March 31st http://www.scholastic.com/bf/psis499
- ***THE BOOK FAIR WILL BE OPEN DURING PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES ON 3/26 AND AT THE PTA MEETING ON 3/27***
- Take a sneak peek at the featured books: http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/books
- See attached flyer for additional information about volunteering, donating books to classroom and school libraries, and online shopping.
Today You’re invited,
a Dj will be spinning the latest hits!
For: P.S./I.S.499 Middle School students
When: Today, 2/15/19 Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm
Admission: **PAY AT THE DOOR**
$5.00 includes refreshments and food. Everyone must wear red, white or pink.
We are selling delicious chocolate bars! $1.00 each
*****PARENTS PLEASE PRINT OR COPY THE BELOW INFORMATION ON A PAPER***
***Please read, sign and return the below portion of this flyer to the school. Thank you. ***
I, ______________________ (Parent’s name) give permission for my child/children ______________________, class ______________ to attend the Valentine’s Dance on Friday, 2/15/19 from 3-5pm. I will pick my child/children up at 5pm or at 5:45pm from their QCH after school program.
Parent’s signature: ______________________________
Parent’s contact numbers (please provide at least two numbers): ______________________ _______________________
Hello 499 Families,
As per succession, Stacyann Collins is our new PTA Treasurer. Congratulations!
Our PTA General Meeting is on January 23, 2019 at 8:30am – 10:00am.
This Friday is our SEL: UNDER THE STARS event. We will have activities starting at 3:30pm. After, we will watch the Inside Out movie.
The activities are teacher led and will be held in the student lunchroom from 3:30-4:30 p.m. The activities are:
Calming center: Mr. Vega will create a space in one corner of the lunchroom for a calming center. He will teach breathing exercises, yoga, and stretching that can be use for self-regulation/self-management.
Art center: Create your own Mood Meter- Ms. Kelleher and Ms. Song will run this center.
Parent center: Learn about RULER, Mood Meter, and SEL competencies.