The Scholastic Book Fair will be open during parent teacher conferences in the 4th Floor Dance Room on Tuesday as well as after the PTA meeting on Wednesday. Many of our teachers have wish lists both at the school fair and online at http://www.scholastic.com/bf/psis499 . Thank you for your support.
Wednesday March 20th – Pre-K, Kindergarten, 7th Grade
Thursday March 21st – 1st Grade, 4th Grade, 6-2
Friday March 22nd – 5th Grade, 6-1
***NEW PAYMENT OPTION: You may still send in cash as usual, but if you prefer, there is a new cashless payment option called “eWallet”. Visit http://www.scholastic.com/bf/psis499 to sign up. Your credit card will be authorized up to an amount you decide on (min $10) and any money not spent will go back on your card. Though not required, if you have a printer, please print out the eWallet barcode receipt to bring to the fair to speed up paying at the cashier. Each child needs their own eWallet (no sharing).
Online Book Fair: Now through March 31st
(or download the “Scholastic Book Fairs” App to shop and select our school at checkout)
Shop an expanded selection, set up a student wish list to send to friends and family, or shop from school library and teacher wish lists. Online orders ship free to our school 2-3 weeks after the fair ends.
For online shopping, scroll down and click on “Shop Online” and you will see a variety of things you can do:
1. Order from an expanded selection of books. Books are delivered for free to the classroom.
2. Order a book from the “School Wishlist” to buy a book for our school library
3. Order a book from a “Teacher Wishlist”
4. Create a “Student Wishlist”for your child to share to friends and family to buy books for your children
SKIP THE CASH – NEW PAYMENT OPTION
You may still send in cash as usual, but if you prefer, there is a new cashless payment option called “eWallet”.
Visit http://www.scholastic.com/bf/psis499 to sign up. Your credit card will be authorized up to an amount you decide on (min $10) and you will only be charged for what your child spends. Though not required, if you have a printer, please print out the eWallet barcode receipt to bring to the fair to speed up paying at the cashier. Each child needs their own eWallet (no sharing).
- Class Visits: Wednesday March 20th – Tuesday March 26th (schedule to follow)
- Online Book Fair: March 11th – March 31st http://www.scholastic.com/bf/psis499
- ***THE BOOK FAIR WILL BE OPEN DURING PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES ON 3/26 AND AT THE PTA MEETING ON 3/27***
- Take a sneak peek at the featured books: http://www.scholastic.com/bookfairs/books
- See attached flyer for additional information about volunteering, donating books to classroom and school libraries, and online shopping.
Our February PTA General Meeting is on Wednesday, 2/27/19 at 8:30am.
Today You’re invited,
a Dj will be spinning the latest hits!
For: P.S./I.S.499 Middle School students
When: Today, 2/15/19 Friday 3:00pm-5:00pm
Admission: **PAY AT THE DOOR**
$5.00 includes refreshments and food. Everyone must wear red, white or pink.
We are selling delicious chocolate bars! $1.00 each
*****PARENTS PLEASE PRINT OR COPY THE BELOW INFORMATION ON A PAPER***
***Please read, sign and return the below portion of this flyer to the school. Thank you. ***
I, ______________________ (Parent’s name) give permission for my child/children ______________________, class ______________ to attend the Valentine’s Dance on Friday, 2/15/19 from 3-5pm. I will pick my child/children up at 5pm or at 5:45pm from their QCH after school program.
Parent’s signature: ______________________________
Parent’s contact numbers (please provide at least two numbers): ______________________ _______________________
Hello 499 Families,
As per succession, Stacyann Collins is our new PTA Treasurer. Congratulations!
Our PTA General Meeting is on January 23, 2019 at 8:30am – 10:00am.